Tuesday, May 25

A couple of my latest and greatest...


Déjà Vu

He spent the first day of forever in her arms,
Praying for better weather to weather the rainstorms he in,
Now he'll never feel her warmth again,
It's cool,
Not like OK, but like its cold and dim
She opened her heart,
He found his home within,
Hopes if he cover his ears loves song will end,
Flame was hot like a matchstick,
Now alone on his mattress,

That's when the cold comes in,
Kept the pain inside hidden from man,
Envisions his plan,
His mission is damned,
But he can't understand,
Had it good and can't have it again,
Hourglass fixed to the table,
Top run out of sand,
Fears life alone,
Like his dear old man,
Loved all but not one, got little respect,
Doubts weaken his mind so he sleeps with regret,
Repeating the same wishes silently in his den,
Not wanting to go out,
Quiet pleas to his friends,
The calls end, it's then he cries out through a pen,
As if sound reaches her heart,
It'll scream back for him,
But the already seen,
He can't see once again...



MY EUOLOGY


I lived free...as God seed, now I'm gone, I ask you remember me,
Pretend to be strong and reach all of your goals in my memory,
Pour out nothing, everyone close knows I was not about waste,
I lived good, made major moves, with strength, style, and grace,
Underneath the heavens was us, but now above em' is I,
I reminisce on the times as my wife wipes a tear from her eye,
And yeah, I just got my wings, but I forever been fly,
Never reached all my dreams, but the hardest I tried,
Impossible to change the picture now the artist has died,
Besides only if you notice small things would you see flaws in my life,
Some of my choices broke the rules, you would think I'm a fool,
But I crawled up out of the gutter and graduated from school,
Traveled all over the world until my passport was full,
Defined myself as a man, made my own version of cool,
All the times my cup runneth over I just reached for another,
Spent long days and nights working with no food in the cupboard,
Used to have lingering doubts till I remembered my mother,
How she used to grind while I sat watch over sister and brother,
I made it all the way, honestly, without a single regret,
Sometimes I misspoke, but meant no disrespect,
Changed my situation with time, what else you expect?
I feel like other ones in my hood fell prey to neglect,
So please don't cry for me now, celebrate my older years,
I reached success before I left, death a motivating fear,
So family take care, friends take care, be careful of haters near,
I love you all equally, and peacefully I wait for you here,
Forever...